Secure your credit card payments, your customers expect it.
PCI Compliance Is Critical
How safe is your system from data breaches? When you process and transmit cardholder data through your point of sale system to service providers, is it entirely safe and compliant to regulations? Have you ever written a customer’s card number down? Do you have written security policies in place right now?
If you have any doubts about the answers to these questions, then you need a complete payment security audit from Sync Payments. Maintaining a secure payment system is vital to protecting cardholder data. The Payment Card Industry adopted a list of accepted security requirements so all merchants have an incentive to safeguard sensitive customer financial data.
How To Be PCI Compliant
The requirements of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard range from removing sensitive data from computer terminals to developing data security policies for your employees.
Some other helpful ways to be PCI compliant are:
- Build and maintain a secure networkUse and maintain a firewall to protect your network and never use vendor supplied passwords.
- Protect cardholder dataA business that accepts payment cards is expected to protect cardholder data and to stop any unauthorized use. Card numbers and other data should not be stored unless it is necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Maintain a vulnerability management programProtect all systems against malware and develop and maintain secure systems and applications.
- Implement strong access control measuresAccess to paper and computer records must be controlled and granted on a need to know basis.
- Regularly monitor and test networksTo prevent loss of customer cardholder data, businesses must regularly monitor their network for vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Maintain an information security policyAll employees should be aware of the sensitivity of cardholder data and trained in procedures to safely manage payment card data.
Protecting Cardholder Data Is Your Responsibility.
Sync Payments Will Help You Find And Eliminate Your Vulnerabilities.
Benefits Of PCI Compliance
- Avoid Costly FinesIf your system is breached and you are not PCI compliant, the fines can be as high as $500,000 per incident. The risk of being fined by credit card brands and the loss of business after you are breached is far more costly than the cost to comply.
- Customer ConfidenceWhen you maintain PCI compliance, customers see that your business can be trusted to follow the best practices.
- Competitive EdgeCustomers are more likely to choose a compliant business over one that is questionable.
- Peace Of MindRun your business with the confidence that not only have you done everything possible to protect yourself and your customers’ data, but that you have done the right thing.
- Ease Of ImplementationSync Payments can make sure you have a secure payment system. The rest of the requirements are simple to follow with the right procedures and adequate staff training.